As a wedding planner, I’m always on the lookout for new spaces to add to my list of top wedding venues in Vancouver. And since the city lends itself to so many different styles—indoor, outdoor, historic, intimate—there’s never a shortage of options!
In this post, I’m so excited to share my favourite Vancouver venues. From restaurants and hotels to heritage buildings and unusual spaces, there’s a place to match every wedding’s aesthetic.
Stanely Park Pavilion, by Lucida Photography
Vancouver Hotels: Both wedding venue and wedding day accommodation
- The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is ideal for the couple dreaming about a classic, opulent space.
- The Fairmont Waterfront gives couples the perfect waterside views as they dance the night away with their friends and families.
- The Fairmont Pacific Rim–the newest of the Fairmont sisters—gives couples the ideal modern, West Coast experience.
- The Rosewood Hotel Georgia has the most classic ballroom that’s filled with natural light—making it the perfect space to make your own.
- Sutton Place has it all: from staircase moment to intimate ballroom that’s ideal for hosting your guests.
- A new staple in the downtown Vancouver skyline, the JW Marriott Parq offers a variety of wedding venue options.
- At the Shangri-La, you’ll find an intimate venue with lovely hotel rooms and unrivaled service for you and your guests.
Sutton Place Hotel Wedding by Alicia Keats
A private club setting for your wedding day
- The Vancouver Club is a versatile venue that features spectacular food and stunning locations for photos.
- At the Terminal City Club, it’s all about the architecture. There are massive windows, sparkly chandeliers, a rooftop deck, and so much more! Here is one of our past weddings at Terminal City Club.
A breath of fresh air in these outdoor wedding venues:
- The UBC Botanical Gardens are filled with different places that couples can use for their ceremony, sunset reception, and dance party.
- At the UBC Farms, couples get to celebrate their big day in the sanctity of a quiet, natural spot hidden away from the noise of the city.
- The VanDusen Botanical Garden is a beautifully manicured park hidden away behind lush green hedges. A ceremony amongst the roses? Yes, please!
- While the space is closed to weddings until 2023, the Museum of Anthropology is the West Coast outdoor location, featuring epic ocean views.
- Grouse Mountian has both indoor and outdoor spaces with spectacular views of Vancouver.
Non-traditional wedding venues for your non-traditional wedding day
- The Vancouver Art Gallery lets you gift your guests with the event of a season, set in an iconic Vancouver building with beautifully adorned spaces.
- In 2023, the Vancouver Public Library’s Central location will be accepting weddings in their space. How perfect would it be to be surrounded by books as you say “I do”?
- Full of modern industrial vibes, The Wallace is the perfect location for a couple looking for an intimate setting with glorious waterfront views.
- At Polygon, couples get to say their vows against the breathtaking backdrop of the Vancouver city skyline.
- Rustic meets industrial at the Pipe Shop Venue. Blending original wooden beams with concrete floors, the venue is a unique setting.
- An iconic feature of the city, Science World hosts weddings on their terrace, gifting couples with unforgettable views of False Creek.
- Any couple who wants to get married right on the water needs to consider the UBC Boathouse with its peaceful, natural views.
- At the Vancouver Convention Center, floor-to-ceiling windows give you front-row access to the stunning peaks of the North Shore.
- The Robert H. Lee Alumni Center is an intimate space embedded in the stunning UBC.
- This list would not be complete without including Rocky Mountaineer Station, the spot of our all time favourite weddings.
Heritage Wedding Venues that can be your “something old”
- At Brock House, couples can set up their ceremony around a massive tree just steps away from Jericho beach.
- Cecil Green is a majestic heritage house with an outdoor space that’ll give your wedding the perfect garden party feel.
- At the edge of Deer Lake, the heritage Hart House has an extensive lawn for couples to celebrate with their guests under a big tent.
- The Stanley Park Pavilion has so much to offer. Not only is it in the heart of Stanley Park, the interior is a wonderful blank slate that you can make entirely your own.
- A perfect pairing to the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Hycroft Manor is filled with wow factor and a fantastic location for a ceremony.
- The Permanent is a remnant of the early 1900s, and an ideal spot for an intimate wedding with close friends and families.
Intimate, unique restaurants wedding venues
- Brix and Mortar has a small, unique setting—with a whimsical courtyard—that’s perfect for couples that want a quiet wedding in the city.
- A staple of the Gastown neighbourhood, L’Abattoir has a modern aesthetic, bold black & white design, and delicious food to boot.
- Attached to Hotel Georgia, Hawksworth’s private dining room is ideal for the small, intimate wedding of your dreams.
- Did you know that Chambar has a downstairs room? This modern space is open for couples to celebrate their union with a small group of guests.
- Van Dusen’s Shaughnessy restaurant is the idyllic setting for a fall wedding. With the changing leaves in the background, the ceremony will feel infinitely cozy.
- The TeaHouse at Stanley Park is another favourite. Ensconced by trees and graced with ocean views, it feels like a fairy tale house on the edge of the woods.
- The Loft ticks all the boxes for couples looking for an edgy, modern, and intimate space they can make their own.
- Beach House is just the perfect small restaurant venue. With great views of the water and with access to the nearby pier, you’ll have picture-perfect memories of your big day.
I hope this list helps you if you are venue hunting in Vancouver, do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, we are always happy to help.